The ASU Group, an employee owned corporation that provides services to the insurance industry and self-insured organizations, held its annual meeting on December 12, 2013 at their corporate office in Okemos, Michigan. It is pleased to announce their election results.
The 2014 Board of Directors is as follows:
• Tara O’Connor LaRose – former President of ASU from 2003 to 2011 and Chairman since 2011.
• Kim Pavlik – board member since 2000. Pavlik is a founding member and partner of the firm Andrews Hooper Pavlik.(AHP -CPA’s and Advisors)
• Debra Claeys – President and CEO since 2011. Joined ASU in 1999 and has served in various management positions within the organization.
• David Hop – newly appointed to three year term; Senior Vice President at Van Wyk Risk and Financial Management in Grand Rapids, MI
• Richard Current – newly appointed to two year term; served as Vice President and CFO for Neogen Corp of Lansing, MI. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Spartan Motors, of Charlotte, MI and on the boards of two privately held companies in Lansing, MI.
The following individuals were elected as officers of the corporation for 2014:
• Debra Claeys, President
• Sarah Hartman, Treasurer/Secretary
• Tara O’Connor LaRose, Chairman
• Kim Pavlik, Vice Chairman
The Board appointed the following to the ESOP Fiduciary Committee:
• Debra Claeys – Chair
• Audrey Pike
• Chad Johnson
The Board elected the following as ESOP Trustees: Sarah Hartman and Michael C. Brown
The following individuals were appointed to the ESOP Advisory Committee: Theresa Cooper- Chair, Julie Somes and and Kristine Spangler.